- A daily report is emailed to you outlining what was sent and what was not (due to missing email addresses in the Client’s file).
Automated Task & Email Module
TourTools® users can have welcome emails, payment reminders, late payment notices, post-tour emails, etc. sent out automatically, every night, from their TourTools application. Email messages are sent based on criteria that you specify. The blocking tool allows you to exempt certain tours and bookings from the process, making the feature highly flexible. Internal task creation can also be automated with this feature.
What it Can Do
The email and task automation system utilizes ‘modules’ to process data within the database automatically. An example of this would be to automatically send an email, tailored to each passenger traveling on any Bookings which will be departing within 3 weeks.
The term ‘modules’ can refer to emails or tasks that are processed automatically on a specific date. The information pertaining to the email or task is held within a Module record, however, although Modules can be considered to be global (eg a Module can be referenced from any Tour) there needs to be method to store Tour specific information – such information is stored in a Checklist record. You can compare a Module to an uncompleted questionnaire whereas a Checklist would be the answers to the questionnaire (without the questions) – on their own, they are of little use but when combined, they serve a purpose.
How it Works
- Users create email templates to send automatic updates to a set group based on criteria (i.e. common booking, tour, etc.)
- Email messages are sent, based on the above criteria, at the user-selected time
- Send a multitude of different communications including friendly introductions, payment reminders, and more
- All activity is logged in each client record to document the date and type of automated email that was sent
This feature requires FileMaker Server 16 or higher. The cost to add this feature to your TourTools® system is $4,250 or $75/month, if subscribing.