DataVast Technologies guarantees that in the event of a dedicated server hardware failure, the faulty hardware will be replaced, in most cases, within 60 Minutes of identifying the problem. In the event that this guarantee is not met, DataVast Technologies will issue a credit for ten times the actual amount of additional downtime recorded by service monitoring logs. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This guarantee does not include the time it requires to perform additional software related maintenance, including rebuilding web accounts from backups, cloning hard drives, reloading the operating system, reloading and configuring applications, or rebuilding RAID arrays.
DataVast Technologies guarantees network uptime to be 98%. This guarantee assures that all major routing devices within our network are reachable from the global internet 98% of the time.
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of DataVast Technologies, and therefore are not in the scope of this agreement. These situations include:
- Scheduled Network Maintenance – occasionally network maintenance will be required. DataVast Technologies will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the e-mail address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for agreement credits.
- Hardware Maintenance – on rare occasions, the hardware in your Dedicated Server may need maintenance or replacement. DataVast Technologies will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per our hardware replacement agreement. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards our network agreement.
- Software Maintenance – an important part of managing a Dedicated Server is keeping the software up to date. If you choose to have DataVast Technologies manage your server, occasional software updates will be required to address security or performance issues. Usually you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks – if a third party not associated with DataVast Technologies initiates a “Denial of Service” or other form of disabling attack against your Dedicated Server or major portions of our network, DataVast Technologies will do everything in its power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- Legal Actions – In the case that a legal action is taken against a customer of DataVast Technologies and DataVast Technologies is required to act in accordance with the order, DataVast Technologies shall not be responsible for any agreement damages.
In the event that DataVast Technologies does not meet this terms of this agreement, Dedicated Hosting clients will become eligible to request compensation for downtime reported by service monitoring logs. If DataVast Technologies is or is not directly responsible for causing the downtime, the customer will receive a credit for 5 times (1,000%) the actual amount of downtime. This means that if your server is unreachable for 1 hour (beyond the 0.0% allowed), you will receive 5 hours of credit.
All requests for compensation must be received within 10 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This agreement does not apply for any month that the customer has been in breach of DataVast Technologies Terms of Service or if the account is in default of payment.
DataVast Technologies’s fully-managed and core-managed customers are covered by an initial response time guarantee:
- Help Desk Initial Response Time Guarantee (90 Minutes)
That means that when you submit a trouble ticket via our help desk system you are guaranteed a response from a support technician within 90 Minutes. If DataVast Technologies fails to respond within 90 minutes, you will be credited 5 times the amount of time exceeding our commitment. That means that if your ticket goes 1 hour past our stated initial response time guarantee, your account will receive a 5 hour credit.
All requests for compensation must be received within 10 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This agreement does not apply for any month that the customer has been in breach of DataVast Technologies Terms of Service or if the account is in default of payment. Duplication of agreement compensation is not allowed. Only one credit may be given per incident. For example: if a network outage event and a hardware failure event happen simultaneously, compensation will only be given for one of the events.